Shots anyone? Café Gratitude, my favorite vegan restaurant chain, took me in the kitchen to see how their best selling recipes are made. This week I’m breaking down their five most popular shots.
The ratios of each are just to your personal taste so try out your own combo and leave a comment below of what works.
“Invigorated” / Anti-Candida Shot
garlic-infused apple cider vinegar, lemon, ginger
garlic-infused apple cider vinegar
Leave head of garlic to “soak” in ACV overnight.
- encourages growth of healthy bacteria, because it is loaded with natural enzymes
- balances the PH levels in the body.
- proven antifungal: scientists suspect that it works by disrupting the cells walls of the Candida yeast cells.
“Brave” / Immune-Boosting Shot
lemon, turmeric, ginger, cayenne, essential oil of oregano
Essential oil of oregano
- protects against viral infections
- strengthens your immunity
- stimulates the production and function of white blood cells, the body’s main line of defense
“Beaming” / Vitamin C Shot
orange, carrot, camu camu, astragalus, goji berry, acerola berry, amla berry
- These berries turn out to be one of the top vitamin C foods
- more of this vitamin in them than any other food source on the planet
- sometimes as much as 60 times more vitamin C than an orange
- One of the most powerful immune-building plants on the planet
“Enlivened” / Focus & Clarity Shot
chlorophyll, himalayan salt, essential oil of rosemary
- green blood of plants
- delivers an oxygenating energy transfusion into our bloodstream, providing our cells with long-lasting vitality
- optimizes our brain function
essential oil of rosemary
- researchers found significant enhancement of performance for overall quality of memory and secondary memory factors